Monday, July 19, 2010

Milk Stout (Lancaster brewing company)


Lancaster Milk Stout is thick selection from Wilkes-Barre, PA. This old world brew comes in six pack 12 ounce bottles, kegs, and is available in a twelve pack variety. The ABV for this brew is 5.3, but the complex flavor profile hides it well. The chocolatey goodness hits your nose and the beer is mellow on your tongue. You can definately taste the richness in the cocoa. The bitterness familiar with some stouts, is very mild in this case, a 3 or 4 on a scale of 10.

Lancaster is a brewery in dutch country and they draw on that old world charm. They keep things simple, and provide quality beers for a smooth drink. I would tend to describe this beer as a craft because of the care and way it is made more than the brewers tinkering.

You can find the the rest of the Lancaster offerings at . They have fun merch, like my set of Got Milk Stout glasses. I'm just a sucker for a beer company that puts their variety pack in a box that looks like a barn.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Justin - I just read an article about a brewery in San Francisco called 21st Amendment Brewery. Their site says that they have two distributors in VA. Ever heard of them or tried their beers? I'd like some advice before I try and get some for my brother.

    Here's a link to the article (I read it and couldn't help but think of you and your new blog): http://gearpatrol.com/blog/2010/07/16/21st-amendment-brewery-beer/

    ReplyDelete