Monday, November 5, 2012

Beer abroad (Las Vegas)

    I would have thought a place with such a reputation for hospitality would have about whatever you're hearts desire. I left Vegas hoping to do my own drinking made easy episode. I was looking for the beer centric bars and breweries. I found two great beer bars, and one fun "brewery".
    First I landed at Aces & Ales, a beer bar featured on drinking made easy. It is a dark beer bar off the strip, a vision of some old rocker. They had affordable flights. You got six 4oz servings of beer with a pretty awesome jalepeno Mac and cheese for 19$. I tried to reach out to an employee who seemed to be the bar manager who insisted this was as good as it got. Hmmmm moving on.
    Then I discovered Sin City Brewing, which has 3 bars on the strip. It was like a beer bar at the mall. Some people just get a pint then keep moving. The bartender was bubbly and knew a little about beer. It turns out this brewery uses the Gordon Biersh brewery to make it's beer. Turns out the owner worked for Gordon Biersh for 20 years. Sin City make session beers that are pretty easy drinking.
    Finally, I cried enough to gimp our way to Todd English P.U.B. This upscale pub would put capital ale house out of business. They had 4 draft tables and 24 taps of local and regional favorites. The bartenders were cool and the beer was pricy. They had a before and after dinner happy hou, half price drafts. I loved this place and yes most of the beers I had came in the goblet.

No comments:

Post a Comment