Monday, June 17, 2013

Double Simco (Weyerbacher Brewing)

    I got caught up in a bit of whaling again on June 12th, when a total wine manager posted a picture of an anniversary ale by Bruery. A beer in fact that we thought didn't make it outside the walls of the brewery, let alone the state of California. It is rare that I catch these in Richmond, and I missed by a mile last time I tried, but I enjoy the chase. I tore down Parham rd. and to my surprise, I got one. It will probably be quite some time before I blog about it, but I assure you I am cellaring a Bois as we speak.
   Well all the excitement made me thirsty. I also browsed the large bottle selection in the cooler, which is lacking, and settled upon this $8.99 double IPA. The price and quality are incredible, then I began to have some concerns about freshness. How old is this 11% ABV unfiltered brute? Who cares, it's not really that kind of IPA. I am sure when it is fresh it has some subtle earthy notes. This beer is more like a meal. Look at the head on that thing!
    Weyerbacher is a brewery that started in 1995. They are known best for this beer and the insanity.  They are descendent from german immigrants and brew big beers. Weyerbacher brewing is based out of Pennsylvania, spawned from a home brewing back ground. There are a lot of breweries in PA, and it is definitely something I would like to check out some day or just visit online. http://weyerbacher.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment