Monday, April 29, 2013

IPA 12pk Variety (Dark Horse Brewing)



    Dark Horse Brewing is the strongest brewery I have to play with in Northern Virginia. Customers became quickly educated to the sought after offerings like Scotty Karate, Crooked Tree and all of the before mentioned holiday stout series. I follow the brewery activity on Facebook and frequent their website looking for little nuggets to tease customers with for future opportunities. I was very happy to see this larger package for me to potentially sell. I emailed accordingly and the product was ordered. The rest is what I am still dealing with. I managed to buy this twelve pack and once upon a vine, and despite the 22$ price point I jumped right into this beer.


    The box includes single hopped IPAs that is each hop in crooked tree is the only hop used in each bottle. I began trying the Citra hopped first. The bottle appears to say ARTIC, which is the letters of Citra. There is a heavy earthy flavor, and the bitterness is very traceable. I started with the one that would prove to be my favorite. 
    I continued to try the other two, but really wished I had someone to share this experience with. It has become my new desire to share my beer discoveries with like minded people. It is a fun part of craft beer. I even have 5.5oz sharing glasses that allow me to split 12oz beers perfectly. I am really into sharing, and don't drink as much when doing so. I highly advise you to pick up, share and compare the subtle differences in these our beers. Always keep up with dark horse at www.darkhorsebrewery.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment