Thursday, April 19, 2018

Yellow Belly (Omnipollo Collaboration)

I am at the point in my relationship with craft beer, that I don't loose my mind over whales anymore. Yellow Belly maybe the last notch on my bed post, the final conquest. We have reached mass saturation in this town. You can skip the new hot double IPA, NEIPA, fruited sour or adjunct stout with out fear of there being nothing interesting next week. I've chased Yellow Belly for the past few years and I missed the few cases that came to market last year. This year I had to tell customers it was coming, how expensive it is and not to refuse it.



Yellow Belly is an FU to racism and ignorance. The outside label is a symbolic representation of the cowards, the inside label a definition and statement of intolerance. The beer is sweet and chewy. It reminds me a little of CBS with a slight syrup flavor that hangs on the lips. The ABV is completely masked with sweetness. I actually only bought two for myself and left another for a co worker. 


If you aren't familiar with Omnipollo, they are a brewery in the 12% distributing family that have some of the most dynamic beers and labels. This beer is a collaboration with Buxton Brewing from the UK. Omnipollo is a gypsy brewer that brews several beers with Buxton and even does a Yellow Belly Sundae . . . Ok, Maybe one more whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment