Monday, September 17, 2012

Harvest Ale (Goose Island Brewing Company)

       I have been waiting for the opportunity to sell this beer for almost two months. I was excited to get a new line of seasonal beers and the summer Kolsh was a let down. I bought this six pack knowing nothing about what type of beer it was. I was caught by the orange and yellow fall marketing cues, and couldn't resist. I was expecting a amber or brown, but as it turns out this is an amber extra special beer. It was so hop bite to it, but it is forgiving. A friend of mine nailed it right on the head, it is a good transition beer just like fall.
        I am not looking forward to the leaves in my yard. I am looking forward to all the Oktoberfest celebrations, not to mention we are trying to have a party at my house. There are plans to take the children to the pumpkin patch, and there is a lot of twiggy and snoop a loops I have to burn in my fire pit. I feel like I need to take my hoodies to the dry cleaners to get them ready for the season. I will admit that I am hugely sad that it appears I won't get to look forward to opening day of hockey season.
       Fall beers are a tough act to follow, but I promise when the winter seasonal begin I will do my best to try to find some winners. Goose island has Mild Winter coming out in November, which is a brown ale with hints of toffee and raisins. I definitely will follow this brand for the year and you should too at their website www.gooseisland.com
     

No comments:

Post a Comment