Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Southern Slice (Cigar City/Terrapin Collaboration)


If you could zoom out on this picture you could see a glorious family scene. Looking at this picture as I type makes me a bit sad. Sad that this back yard and the two people who are paying to own it will be gone soon. They will be shipped to the land of the rising sun, where my motorcycle came from. Sad that I paid thirty four dollars for this beer. I do feel some solace in saying that I don't buy beer with my phone out. I was guilty of impulse buying by the label tho. 
My general feelings about Terrapin has never been complimentary. The best beer I have had from them to date is wake and bake, none of the fancy ones, just regular wake and bake. I get a huge mouth of syrup with most beers from the turtle brewery. I want to enjoy their beers. I have a lot of family in Georgia and consider it to be the heartland. I have not completely closed the door on them yet, but it's getting close. I personally blame them for the syrup and sweetness of this beer, denying the fact that Cigar City could make a bad beer. The beer did have a nutty flavor with a hint of vanilla, the mouth feel just wasn't like what you expect from beer. The bottle is property of Cigar City, which I guess makes them more the guilty party. 

Falling in love with a collaboration is always a bad idea, a wise man once plead to me. So what you love it? It will probably never happen again, or the next joint project will be completely different. If you did happen to really dig it would you chase down every last bottle out of every cellar in existence? This too shall pass my son . . . We hunt for the next whale.

No comments:

Post a Comment