Monday, August 13, 2012

Pepe Nero (Goose Island Brewing Company)

           So I had one of those weekends where I usually wind up and wendy's too many times or at a friends house eating his wife's cooking. That is right, I was left to fend for myself and I did so well not spending money, then I went searching for a reward.
          I found this four pack of Pepe Nero at Once Upon a Vine north. I went with the intention of getting something fall seasonal then I settled on this. There was a lot of hype surrouding this brewery and I haven't have the one that knocked my socks off yet. To be fair, I have had two of Goose Islands wheat selections, which I am not a fan of wheat beers anyways.
         Goose Island advertises as being Chicago's craft beer. They produce a thurough line of beers and have a very unique barrel aging program. Like clipper city they have three degrees or levels of beer and this Pepe Nero is one of the their most serious. Nero is a farmhouse beer, and it has a velvety mouth feel with some subtle spice, that comes from the peppercorns. 
           I know very little about this brewery and their website is but so informative. What I have experienced so far is an attention to detail and commitment to providing unique beer. So go check for yourself, see what kind info you can turn up at www.gooseisland.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment