Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Christmas Ale (Anchor Steam Brewing)

Due to a promotion at work, I no longer have the small laptop that I used for this blog. Hopefully I can adapt to this change but entries may not be as frequent.
For Christmas I had a few beers in mind to try. I went to total wine, once upon a vine and finally to Libbie market. I was able to get all of the beers I had been looking for in one stop. It was a little last minute shopping. I bought some big bottle goose island stuff and two magnums of Christmas Ale by Anchor Steam.
I had secretly been harboring negative feelings about this beer for years but my new found respect for the old timers allowed this purchase. This is the 38th year that anchor has made this ale. Every year the ale recipe gets tweaked a little, and the tree on the bottle changes. It was a medium bodied beer that had a nutty almost piney flavor. I shared it with 4 people and they all liked it. It makes a good gift, and will be a regular holiday treat in my house. Read more about their history at www.anchorbrewing.com!

1 comment:

  1. I have seen retailers slashing prices on this beer in at least 1/2 after the Holiday. If you can wait that long pick a few up after Christmas a save them for the following year.

    ReplyDelete