Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Pretty in Pink (Saison with Pomegranate)

     This beer caught my eye with the Hardywood logo then led me through the other three Virginia breweries to perk my interest. I chose to drink it fairly quickly because it is made with fruit and the saison style is usually best fresh (like an IPA). When I poured it in the glass the liquid was almost the color of grapefruit juice. It had a very citrusy sweet smell, with a sort of bubbly texture. It was unlike anything I have ever had before. The ladies of Lost Rhino Brewing, Hardywood Park Brewing, Vintage 50 Brewing, and Blue Jacket Brewing collaborated on this beer for breast cancer awareness month in early October. The beer was featured at many events in the DC, Northern Virginia, and Richmond areas. I got the impression by the way that most people wrote about it that it was brewed in house at Lost Rhino.

No comments:

Post a Comment