Wednesday, October 9, 2013

4 Elf (Dark Horse Brewing)

    Yes, I am reviewing another Dark Horse beer. We received this beer from the brewery a couple of weeks ago. I have heard about the 4 elf party, but never seen the beer. I was very excited to have it, but selling 150 cases of it to a market where the brand carries little weight scared me a bit. I needed to get my hands on some. With the overflowing pumpkin pipeline, I thought after Halloween would be my best chance. Troegs mad elf beer was the fore runner for the Christmas holiday last year. Be prepared to be over taken good sirs!
    This beer is a big 8.75%, and is very smooth and unassuming. The mouth feel is smooth, and the nose is enough to make you aware of the spices. The spices play well off each other as you drink and swallow. The finish is very calm, and the only lingering flavor is nutmeg. The spice balance is on point, makes me wish more pumpkin beers would take note. 
    I was tempted to buy several pumpkin samples this year and try out all the new beers on the block. I only incidentally had pumpkick, and I really wasn't impressed. I am excited for winter warmer season after having this offering. If you can get it lemme know, I can find you some.

No comments:

Post a Comment