Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cigar City Brewing (An editorial rant)

    Some breweries must first support their home market extremely well before they decide to look outside of the territory. I personally like this strategy, because it means that places like Hardywood keep special releases around longer for the busy adult alcoholic. The first thing I am most tired about is the question of "Any word on Cigar City?" Yes, Brown Distributing has a relationship with these guys, mainly in FLORIDA! Richmond gets next to nothing (since 1919) and NOVA gets nothing (since 2013). It makes complete sense to me, but everyone patiently awaits for the next big whale to break the surface. Well embrace it fuckos you recently got sly fox, and mother earth.
    A kind gentleman that I work with had plans to go see his beloved Tampa Bay Buccaneers on vacation about a month ago. Given the recent trading activity, I had him google where Cigar City was in relation to where he was staying. Conveniently, he was staying two blocks away and the plot was set. I often dream of a fridge full of big bottles from Cigar City brewing. Although some of their new cans wouldn't be a terrible thing. Turns out while studying for this event, I learned of a recent Caribbean acquisition by this brewery. Cigar City has purchased a big brew house in the islands to help with the volume of their production. They first brewed an IPA on the kit,  and shipped the liquid back to Tampa to be canned. They had it the Thursday that I put my wish list together and were OOS by Saturday midday.    
    I drank the Big Sound one bone fire night at the homestead. It is a big scotch ale, huge malty offering that finished way sweeter than I like. It was strong enough to take down a rhinoceros. If it trades well I would take it again, but I would much rather work through their other beers. I have no plans on drinking the Bolita. I will have to come up with the proper pairing and occasion to set free the other C.C. beer. I'm glad that they have chosen to can beers, it works way better for shipping. Check out what they have and send me some at http://cigarcitybrewpub.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment