Monday, October 7, 2013

Cicada (Yards Brewing Company)


It is a lot of work just keeping plugged into breweries via facebook, rate beer, beer pulse, and beer advocate. On facebook alone I follow most of my customers if they have beer pages. I also follow breweries on facebook and scan rate beer for news of things to come. Norm's beer and wine in Vienna Virginia does a fantastic job of connecting with their customers/community by posting pictures of all new items as they come in. He even post a weekly newsletter for beer and wine with more information about the new items. As I have been trying to save money, it has been extremely hard for me not to run to his store. I am taken by a beer that he posts almost weekly and this one I couldn't pass up. As you know the cicada comes only once every 17 years. This brood is special.
    I listen to the craft beer podcast and should I drink that on stitcher, which are both based out of Philly. Yards brewing company is also out of Philly, and I am assuming their distribution foot print is based on demand? If you feel the same way, you may need to realign your feelings. You see I had recently heard that Blue Mountain has broken into the Pennsylvania market. I thought this was a sign of success and aggressive growth. It appears that what happened is the production got aggressive and the demand leveled off. Blue Mountain has presumed new distribution to get through what they make? Is yards a similar type brewery?
    Yards began in 1994 and produces a line of beers that play on the patriotic history of Philadelphia, ay yo! Cicada isn't listen on the web site so I have no commercial description for you. The most recognizable beer the the brawler, picture two bare knuckle fellas going at it. Honestly I lost the good picture I took of this sampling, and fell so behind writing this post, I am just done. Check them out at www.yardsbrewing.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment